Wednesday and Thursday, March 6th - 7th: Even though I unfortunately have to be gone most of this week, we still have a concert next Tuesday. Call time will be 5:30pm. Dress is concert black.
Be sure you have completed the assignments from Monday and Tuesday. Then:
Winds: - I have assigned you the entire Darklands March and Black Hawk in SmartMusic. Try not to submit until you have at least a 90, but you MUST submit something for both no later than Friday. If you are someone that plays an insert, have that music on a stand and play it in the correct place. It will probably show up as "wrong notes" on your screen, but should not affect your score. DO NOT JUST RECORD 4,083 TAKES! Work on the sections you need to practice and then try one complete take. Analyze where your weakest areas are, work on them, THEN try another take. Work smarter to improve, not harder and stagnate. :-)
Percussion: You will have to divide and conquer to do all of these assignments. You'll have Wednesday and Thursday. I hope to be here Friday and we'll have lots to do to get ready for Tuesday.
- Darklands and Black Hawk concert assignments: See above instructions for winds. They also apply to you. It does not always pick up your instruments very well. Send me your best take, regardless of how the computer scored it.
- Cumberland Cross assignments: this piece is not in SmartMusic. Be sure that you practice playing along with this recording (found HERE) and are ready to play with us next week.
- Mancos: Send me a video recording of the entire piece. Ask everyone else to not play while you record so I can hear each part clearly.
- Shock Factor: Decide on your goal tempo for Tuesday. Send me a video recording from measures 1-44 (with the tag ending) at that tempo, but without the metronome.
- Suite of Five: The goal is to play movements I, II, III and V on Tuesday at the concert. I will not be available to coach you through much of this, but Mason is the group and has done a fantastic job so far helping you move forward. Record 1 complete take of all movements (I, II, III, V) straight through with as little time as possible in between movements.
West Rowan High School Bands - 8050 NC Hwy 801 - Mt. Ulla, NC 28125 - 704.762.1616